Friday, November 9, 2012

Back to Reality

This past Saturday I had to say good bye to Europe and my fiance. I arrived at Tallinn airport that afternoon to find out something was wrong with my ticket, had to go through security four times, and I just didn't want to leave. My trip home was not off to a very good start.



My next stop was Finland to catch my next flight . . . there was even a sweet little sparrow waiting at the gate on the chair across from mine. What a special gift to make me smile. Once I boarded that plane I was off to London. I was already warned that this airport was not going to be fun at all. So, here I am in London for the first time ever with a 20 hour layover. After a little effort I was able to change currency yet again and find the shuttle to my hotel. God knew I was going to need some rest.

I was sitting in my room exhausted and feeling lonely. In a few minutes I was hearing a noise outside . . . I opened my curtains to find a huge firework display. Yet another smile from God. He was letting me know He was right beside me on this journey. The next day was not without its mishaps. It was challenging, but I was very grateful to see my sister pull up at the airport. I was back in the United States and I made it in one piece.

I feel so blessed to have been able to have this journey and experience some of the wonderful things the world has to offer. I have learned to appreciate some of the luxuries that we take for granite. It was a whole month without a car, cell phone, blow dryer, etc. while I was away. I realized I didn't miss those things like I thought I would. It was a simpler way of life. This experience has given me a new appreciation for the things I have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment