Ten Ways to Love
1. Listen without interrupting. (Proverbs 18:13)
2. Speak without accusing. (James 1:19)
3. Give without sparing. (Proverbs 21:26)
4. Pray without ceasing. (Colossians 1:9)
5. Answer without arguing. (Proverbs 17:1)
6. Share without pretending. (Ephesians 4:15)
7. Enjoy without complaint. (Philippians 2:14)
8. Trust without wavering. (I Corinthians 13:7)
9. Forgive without punishing. (Colossians 3:13)
10. Promise without forgetting. (Proverbs 13:12)
This is something to keep in mind no matter who we are trying to love well. Whether that be a spouse, parent, sibling, etc.
I found myself getting so irritated last night at nothing really. I had to put myself to bed . . . really I did! Have you ever had one of those evenings. As I was laying there I tried to figure out what my problem was. I was not having very loving thoughts at all.
The list above is much easier to follow when we are feeling well and the person that is needing the love is someone we like. Too bad life isn't always like that.
I am reminded that if we just ask and trust that God will give us the strength we need to love well.